Sunday, March 8, 2009

Brian Solis' Conversation Prism Model for Social Media

As I was scanning my feeds on this Sunday morning, I read with interest Brian Solis' recent blog post introducing The Conversation Prism as a way to wrap our over-stimulated brains around social media efforts. Rather than synthesize his comments and regurgitate them, I will leave it to all of you to digest the article, but my comprehension of our evolving exploration of this trend is akin to my belief in the FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster). I believe that social media and networking provide us with marcomm and sales theology that is far broader than customer relationship approaches that we have all traditionally taken. Even CRM and SFA systems that play extremely well with anothers in terms of their ability to integrate with a variety of contact and lead generation tools and methodologies do not begin to approach the capacity of Web 2.0 functionality. Although I quite sternly advocate against social media and networking being in and of themselves a strategy, the flexibility and variety with which we may deploy these mechanisms in just, as an example, our lead generation, is indicative of the nature of the approach we should take.

PR 2.0: Introducing The Conversation Prism

No comments:

Post a Comment